- Control de emissions of the hot gasses coming out during hot metal charging, scrap charging, and furnace casting.
- Gas filtration of the dilutes dust in the combustion gases reducing the impact in the surrounding community
Solutions and results:
- Charging and casting dedusting hoods design, thermal and strain analysis for 3 BOF converting lines.
- Thermal and strain analyses, and design for refractory and metal ducts to exhaust the hot gases.
- Static coolers specification, hangers, supports and layout develop for a brown field application.
- Approximate gas flow 1,500,000 acfm.
- Capital approximate investment: 50 M USD.
- Argentina, 2018.